Life is harsh. Sometimes the best thing to do is slip into a nice daydream. Here’s just some of the stuff I like to imagine while I’m stargazing, woolgathering or just plain avoiding reality.
My most frequent daydream is of winning the mega millions lottery.
But The Publisher’s Clearing House prize would do just fine. I’m not picky.
After I win my millions, Harry and I will travel. Some of the places I fantasize about going to are Fiji (or any tropical island, really), Santorini, Austria, Australia, The U.K., Copenhagen and Belgium (I hear they make a good french fry…).
I like to pretend that I’m a ballerina. And not just a ballerina, but a prima ballerina assoluta.
I also like to daydream that I’m a singer/songwriter with a multi-octave range.
Here I am performing at one of my sold out concerts.
One of my favorite sports is figure skating. I like to imagine what music I would skate to, what costumes I would wear and what it would feel like to win an Olympic gold medal (in my head I have also won the gold in equestrian events, diving, skiing and gymnastics).
Have you heard? I’m (supposed to be) writing a novel. Of course, I like to think it will be a #1 best selling book. It will, of course, be optioned for a movie. And I’ll have so much fun traveling around the country staying in 5 star hotels and doing book signings. Make sure you come out to see me when I come to a bookstore near you!
Naturally I’ll win a best screenplay Oscar when I adapt my book for film. I’ll receive a standing ovation for my humble and humorous, yet touching acceptance speech.
Once I win the Oscar, maybe they’ll give me a whack at writing that Wonder Woman movie I’ve been waiting for…
All my daydreams aren’t frivolous, though. Sometimes I pretend that I’ve come up with the cure for cancer, paralysis or any other number of illnesses/diseases. The Nobel prize, Time cover for Person of the Year, money and accolades will all be secondary to the knowledge that I am helping the human race.
Some of my daydreams are actually attainable. I often wish that my house was sparkling clean, my laundry and ironing is all done, the cupboards and refrigerator are filled with food, and I’m at my goal weight. Then I can completely relax while watching movies and reading a stack of books guilt-free.
So what do you like to daydream about? Flying to the moon? Scoring the game winning touchdown? Being the homecoming queen? Stealing Mr. Sombrero away from Adam? Let me know in comments!
It seems that people are always pestering me for my expert advice. Truth be told, I’m awesome at everything. I know all of the answers. All you have to do is ask. That’s why I’m introducing my new advice column: Advice From The Expert… Ask Adam!
Dear Adam: What should I make for dinner tonight?
Signed, Starving For Supper
How about a nice micro-green salad topped with a simple ginger and garlic-spiked orange glazed tempeh! Nom!
Dear Adam: I’ve always wanted a boyfriend who was young, cute, and rich. But I only got two out of three. Should I hold out for the full package or should I settle for hot but poor?
Signed, Should I Settle?
How many young, cute and rich guys do you know that aren’t characters on Gossip Girl? Be happy that you landed 2/3 of the perfect man!
When in doubt … just wear plaid!
Dear Adam: How can I get my husband to clean his bathroom more often?
Signed, Wedded Pissed
Two words: WITHHOLD SEX. It’s the best way to get whatever you want! That bathroom will be sparkling in no time!
Dear Adam: A couple of vegans moved in across the street. Should I be afraid of their aggressive cult-like ways?
Signed, Confused Carnivore
Trust me, vegans are just like everyone else! … but just to be safe, make sure to lock your doors and windows after dark.
Dear Adam: My younger brother is a great guy but has no self-esteem. His lack of confidence has kept him from doing anything with his life. He’s in a dead end job, hasn’t had a relationship in years, and his circle of friends has dwindles more and more each year. I want to encourage him, but he refuses to discuss his plans or goals with anyone. I just want him to be happy, but he clearly is not. What should I do?
Signed, Sibling Misery
Don’t worry, he’ll grow up eventually. Can I have his number?
Dear Adam: What the hell should I do with my life?
Signed, Miss Direction
Become a prostitute! Prostitutes make TONS of money! You’ll be rich in not time at all!
Have a question for Adam? Email him today!
You can’t stop posting photos of your children
You constantly post photos of sick/sad/dying animals
You do nothing but talk about sports 24/7
Your politics are stupid
You complain constantly
You post a photo of every meal that you eat
You are constantly fishing for pity
You are constantly fishing for compliments
You are wayyyy too attractive
You are way happier than me
So what bugs you on Facebook? (And don’t forget to follow Cocky&Rude!)
How are you celebrating National Etiquette Week (May 14th – May 18th)? Have you been kind to everyone in your life … even those smelly strangers? Is your life bursting at the seams with love, respect and good manners? Or maybe you’re a awful, nasty c-bag to everyone in your life. Either way, we’re about to find out!
The rules are simple: For each question that you answer ‘yes’ to, give yourself a single point. When you reach the end of the quiz, add up your points and post your total in the comments.
Have You Ever?!
1. Have you ever been late?
2. Have you ever forgotten to introduce a date, friend or acquaintance to a group of new people?
3. Have you ever regifted a gift?
4. Have you ever forgotten to RSVP?
5. Have you ever taken the last bit of coffee and not made a new pot at work?
6. Have you ever commented negatively about someone on Facebook?
7. Have you ever farted in a public place?
8. Have you ever smoked a cigarette really close to non-smokers?
9. Have you ever cut in line?
10. Have you ever remained seated on public transportation when a disabled or elderly person was forced to stand?
11. Have you ever hogged a sidewalk so no one could pass you?
12. Have you ever clipped your nails (or otherwise groomed yourself) in public?
13. Have you ever engaged in excessive PDA?
14. Have you ever hit all the buttons in an elevator?
15. Have you ever let the doors close instead of holding an elevator for someone?
16. Have you ever skipped the tip at a restaurant?
17. Have you ever made a lot of noise in a quiet movie theater?
18. Have you ever left pubes, pee, poo or any other mess in or on a public toilet without cleaning it up?
19. Have you ever coughed or sneezed onto someone else?
20. Have you ever had a conversation with someone on speakerphone in a public place?
21. Have you ever used profanity in front of children in a public place?
22. Have you ever talked with your mouth full?
23. Have you ever behaved rudely at the gym? (not wiping off machines, monopolizing machines, etc.)
24. Have you ever not held the door for someone when entering or exiting a store?
25. Have you ever stared at someone’s boobs instead of their face when they were talking to you?
Tell us your total in the comments!
- National Etiquette Week (ladylikeblog.com)
- Etiquette: Don’t Text If You’re Co-Hosting SNL [Etiquette] (gizmodo.com)
- Etiquette expert: No phone calls in bathroom — and stop shouting! (digitallife.today.msnbc.msn.com)
- What Happened to Kindness and Etiquette? (motherhoodmania.wordpress.com)
- Etiquette in the Workplace (meteoroflgy.blogspot.com)
HAPPY MEATOUT! Meatout is the world’s largest grassroots diet education campaign. Today, thousands of caring people in all 50 U.S. states and two dozen other countries encourage their friends, families, and communities to “kick the meat habit” and explore a wholesome, compassionate diet of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. The purpose is to expose the public to the joys and benefits of a plant-based diet, while promoting the availability and selection alternatives to meat and dairy in mainstream grocery stores, restaurants, and catering operations. (source)
Have You Ever?!
1. Have you ever considered a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle?
2. Have you ever been a vegetarian?
3. Have you ever been a vegan?
4. Have you ever tried an alternative milk beverage (Soy, Rice, Hemp, Almond, etc.)?
5. Have you ever tried a non-meat burger (veggie burger, soy burger, etc.)?
6. Have you ever tried a vegan baked good?
7. Have you ever purchased “mock meat” (alternative burgers, hot dogs, cold cuts, etc.) from the supermarket? (on purpose)
8. Have you ever purchased a frozen vegetarian or vegan prepared meal from the supermarket? (on purpose)
9. Have you ever tried a vegan yogurt?
10. Have you ever tried vegan cheese?
11. Have you ever tried vegan ice cream?
12. Have you ever cooked a vegetarian or vegan meal? (on purpose)
13. Have you ever tried tempeh?
14. Have you ever cooked tempeh?
15. Have you ever tried tofu?
16. Have you ever cooked tofu?
17. Have you ever tried seitan?
18. Have you ever cooked seitan?
19. Have you ever tried TVP (textured vegetable protein)?
20. Have you ever cooked TVP (textured vegetable protein)?
21. Have you ever read literature that explains how a vegan lifestyle is better for the planet?
22. Have you ever read literature that explains how a vegan lifestyle is better for your health?
23. Have you ever watched a sad PETA-style video that illustrates how factory farmed animals are poorly treated?
24. Have you ever purposefully purchased vegan clothing (faux leather, non-leather shoes, etc.)
25. Have you ever made fun of a vegan or vegetarian?
Barf up your total in the comments!
- Meatout – Coming to a City Near You (planetsave.com)
- Vegan / Vegetarian / V-curious Bloggers – The Flaming Vegan (jobs.problogger.net)
- Help Us Reach 30,000 With Vegan Food Samples! (our-compass.org)
- Why I Am a Vegan (socyberty.com)
- Vegetarian Way of Living (socyberty.com)