June 15, 2012
Posted by on
It’s a day of What Were They Thinking photos! Check back throughout the day for thought-cloud more fun!
What was Polt thinking?!
Leave your thoughts in the comments!
Submit your potential What Were They Thinking?! photos to:
April 9, 2012
Posted by on
Just like Ross on Friends, I have a free pass list* (a celebrity free pass is an agreement between you and your significant other** that should you meet one of the five people on your list, you have free reign to get it on). Here are the lucky celebrities who may or may not have their world rocked should they happen to cross my path (or someone invents a time machine):
1. Barry Gibb (in his glory days). Who can resist gold medallions, a hairy chest and a falsetto?
2. Joe Manganiello. Joe is a classically trained American film and theatre actor. He is most known for his role as a werewolf on the series True Blood. He is active with several charities and looks good with his shirt off.
3. Cary Grant (in his heyday). So dashing and debonair. And that transatlantic accent – swoon!
4. Boris Frederic Cecil Tay-Natey Ofuatey-Kodjoe. Boris is an actor and former model. He was named one of People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People in the World and that’s good enough for me.
5. Christopher Reeve (in his alive, walking around days). When I was 10 I joined the Christoper Reeve fan club. Who wouldn’t want to fly with Superman? And Somewhere in Time is one of the most romantic movies ever.
*Unlike Ross, my list is not laminated and is subject to change without notice.
*Harry is allowed to have a free pass list, too. I better not find it, though, or there will be 5 fewer celebrities in the world.
So who is on your 5 list? Let me know in comments!
March 19, 2012
Posted by on
What does one do when they’ve had a busy week, realize they have a post due the next day and have no time or idea of what to do? Why, cobble together some random crap and send it in to Adam, that’s what.
1. Burger King was giving away free french fries on Saturday and Sunday.
Diet? What diet?
2. Did you know that you can tell which side of the car the gas tank is on by the little pump picture on the gas indicator? If the pump is on the right, the tank is on the right, and if it’s on the left, the tank is on the left. I just learned about this recently, thanks to Vanna White.
3. Adam posted this picture of a superhero cake on Facebook. Once again, Wonder Woman has been overlooked. It’s deplorable.
Here’s a cake that did it right. And it probably tastes better, too.
4. I went to the pet store with Harry and didn’t come home with all the parakeets.
5. The new Prometheus trailer looks amazing!
I got chills watching it. I can’t wait!!
So there you have it, my
(Not) Friday 5, er, Random Crap (part two)! Stay tuned next week to see if I post another tired 5 list or finally come up with something original.
March 5, 2012
Posted by on
1. News interns caught on camera!
Instead of doing it himself (which he is capable of, but would never get around to), Harry (finally) decided to hire a drywaller to patch up the holes and window frames in my office and in our bedroom. Hallelujah!
3. The Twilight Video Game!
4. Guest posts!
Posting is hard. Sometimes you just need a break. Adam came up with a guest post for me for Cooper’s Corner. Check it out! And if you would like to guest post for me (either here or on Cooper’s Corner, let me know! I’m lazy and not ashamed to admit it.)
5. The Girl Scout Thin Mints candy bar!
Nestle is teaming up with the Girl Scouts to produce a Thin Mints inspired candy bar. It may show up in June. I should be done with my diet by then.
Runners up: Homemade chicken noodle soup on a rainy day, library hold lists, hot water bottles, Canada Dry Ginger Ale, getting all your laundry done, and the My First Wonder Woman book (which I bought for my 3 year old niece [they have a Superman one too, Polt]).