June 1, 2012
Posted by on
This week I crowdsourced a fabulous new Friday Five for you to enjoy … check it out!
I can’t decide between Downton Abbey and Homeland so I’m picking both! So let’s just say that it’s shows everyone raves about that I’m finally seeing. Yay for being cutting edge and relevant! Downton Abbey is like Pride and Prejudice meets a juicy soap opera. Mmmm, juicy. And Homeland is so good and complicated I have no idea who I’m supposed to root for. Mmmm, rooty. - Craig
For me , it’s a tie. 1), Biggest Cock & Rudest Loser 3 is now over, now more weekly blurbs or embarrassing weigh-in. And 2) I FINALLY GOT THE PURPLE LINE IN THE BC&RL3 WEIGHT LOSS GRAPH! I don’t care where I finished, getting the purple line means I won. So there! – Polt
My cool thing this week is seeing my first e-book cover with my name and the book title on it. Yes, I’ve had a couple of short stories, but the covers were generic, no names. This is the first time my name is on a specific cover. Yes, yes, there will be a few of us with the same cover for this particular series, but still – my name is right there, on his abs! Le sigh. He’s kind of pretty. So props to cover artist Reese Dante and I’m a bit thrilled to have a real cover. Fun stuff. (July 28 – buy it, make me rich!) – Tam
Cute animal videos.
I don’t even want to know how much time I waste watching this nonsense. If you have 17 seconds to waste, this is for you: -Michelle M.
One amazing five this week has to be yesterday’s ruling about the constitutionality of parts of the odiously named Defense of Marriage Act. The ruling doesn’t state that we lowly homos have the right to marry, but it does say that the Federal government doesn’t have the right to force the states to discriminate against us. The ruling will undoubtedly head to the Supreme Court….and given the controversy, it will be one of the final things they rule on in the next court session. Tune at the end of NEXT June for the results. Until then do what I am going to do, drink a celebratory toast and get married. – Mikey
That’s our Friday Five … What’s Yours?!
February 21, 2012
Posted by on
Let’s face it: the human body is flawed. It gets injured. It breaks, it bleeds, it dies. But until we can upload our consciousnesses into indestructible robot avatars, we’re doomed to get hurt. How many injuries has your meat-sack sustained? Let’s find out!
The rules are simple: For each question that you answer ‘yes’ to, give yourself a single point. When you reach the end of the quiz, add up your points and post your total in the comments.
Have You Ever?!
1. Have you ever had a muscle sprain or strain?
2. Have you ever torn ligament or tendon?
3. Have you ever fractured a bone?
4. Have you ever fractured a bone so badly that it broke through the skin?
5. Have you ever injured a knee, ankle or wrist?
6. Have you ever injured your back?
7. Have you ever sustained an electric shock?
8. Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
9. Have you ever needed pain killer medication?
10. Have you ever dislocated a joint?
11. Have you ever had a head wound?
12. Have you ever needed surgery?
13. Have you ever needed stitches?
14. Have you ever suffered a traumatic brain injury?
15. Have you ever suffered a spinal cord injury?
16. Have you ever needed to use crutches?
17. Have you ever needed a cast?
18. Have you ever needed to go to the emergency room?
19. Have you ever needed to go to the hospital in an ambulance?
20. Have you ever been punched in the face?
21. Have you ever been stabbed?
22. Have you ever been shot by a gun?
23. Have you ever lost a limb?
24. Have you ever been decapitated?
25. Have you ever died?
Tell us your total and war stories in the comments!